Join ORPC’s growing team to bring the company’s proven marine hydrokinetic renewable energy systems to market. ORPC is one of just a few companies to have built, operated, and delivered power to a grid from hydrokinetic tidal and river projects. The company’s rise to a leadership position in the worldwide marine renewable energy industry is based on a record of continuous improvement and success. For more information, visit www.orpc.co
About the Role
Ocean Renewable Power Company, ORPC, is looking for a Project Manager to join our team. The Project Manager will organize, manage, and plan complex projects for the organization’s research, development, and product implementation efforts. This role will contribute to a high-performing, skilled, multi-disciplinary team, fostering collaboration, driving innovation, identifying opportunities for team growth, and delivering efficiencies. The Project Manager will successfully plan and execute projects and will be responsible for budget tracking and forecasting, coordination of internal teams, consultants and suppliers, resource assessment, contract execution, engineering, and overall quality control of the work.
As part of the ORPC team, the Project Manager will work with a motivated and dedicated workforce to implement renewable energy solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for an organized, mission-driven person to join a growing organization that thrives on teamwork and finding solutions that are environmentally and socially sustainable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inform implementation, adoption and refinement of internal development and operations processes.
- Develop project scope, objectives, schedule, and budget involving all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility.
- Prioritize, plan, coordinate, and track project activities.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, quality, and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques, and report regularly on project status.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, permits, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage, review, and coordinate projects and proposals developed in-house or by consultants.
- Assist in the qualification of consultants used during pre-design and pre-construction services.
- Perform negotiations for contractual terms and agreements.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Generate and present documentation and reports to customers, government officials, and industry conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Engineering or related discipline required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in planning, scheduling, and production software (MS Project or equivalent).
- Knowledge of ERP systems and database software. Net Suite experience helpful.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Prince2 and/or comparable project management certifications are highly desirable.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing projects in renewable energy or similar areas, including: writing scope of work, scheduling, budgeting, document interpretation, pricing on hard bid, bid analysis, design-build, and negotiated projects.
- Familiarity with industry regulation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team and drive consensus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- This is a hybrid position based out of Portland, ME.
- Must be willing to travel to remote locations, both domestic and international. Travel expected to be no more than 10%.
At ORPC, we are committed to building a diverse and equitable work force. We recognize that our success depends on building a team that represents all the communities we serve. We pride ourselves in being mutually supportive as we treat one another as equals, embrace diversity, and promote safety. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create an inclusive environment. You are encouraged to apply for any suitable position, even if you do not meet all the qualifications. If you need accommodations to apply for a particular position, please reach out to our Human Resources Department.