June 30, 2023 Project Developer (Canada)
The Project Developer will organize and manage multiple projects in Alaska and contribute to efforts around the world. This position will entail several development activities including schedules and deadlines, site characterization, permitting and licensing and stakeholder outreach. This role will be a critical member of a high-performing, skilled, multi-disciplinary team, fostering collaboration, driving innovation, identifying opportunities for team growth, and delivering efficiencies. The successful candidate will have the ability to rigorously apply basic science concepts, and the ability to use communication skills to mediate interactions among engineering staff, scientific and non-scientific governmental and regulatory agencies, and the general public. Areas of technical expertise which will be considered useful include: environmental science (physical and biological), oceanography, and civil or environmental engineering.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation, adoption and refinement of Alaska project development and operations processes with particular focus on project milestones and schedules.
- Assist in developing project objectives, schedules, and budget involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Support the identification of new development opportunities, strategic partners, and funding mechanisms.
- Represent ORPC at industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends, networking results, etc.
- Ability to articulate complex science and engineering topics to diverse audiences
- Contribute to the planning, management and implementation of site characterization efforts including, but not limited to, hydraulic resource assessments (desktop analyses, field measurements and data analysis) as well as environmental studies (ice, fisheries and marine mammals). Ability to travel to remote locations for stakeholder engagement and site characterization.
- Technical writing proficiency for proposals, reports, permitting, environmental and market studies.
Additional Skills and Responsibilities
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, permits, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage, review, and coordinate projects and proposals developed in-house or by consultants.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Marine Sciences, or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and database software.
- 3-5 years’ experience with project development in renewable energy or similar projects, including: writing scope of work, scheduling, budgeting, document interpretation, pricing on hard bid, bid analysis, design-build, and negotiated projects.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- This position is a mix of desk work and field work. While performing desk work, the candidate must be able to spend prolonged periods of time sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be willing to travel to remote locations, both domestic and international.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Able to lift 15-20 lbs. frequently.
- This position is based out of Anchorage with the ability to work remotely.
At ORPC, we are committed to building a diverse and equitable work force. We recognize that our success depends on building a team that represents all the communities we serve. We pride ourselves in being mutually supportive as we treat one another as equals, embrace diversity, and promote safety. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create an inclusive environment. You are encouraged to apply for any suitable position, even if you do not meet all the qualifications. If you need accommodations to apply for a particular position, please reach out to our Human Resources Department.